Turtle Pie at Walt's Wharf


One of the great things about being in California is that the beach is just a short drive away. My sister-in-law, my nephew and I headed off to Seal Beach one lazy Thursday to soak up the sun. Before going to the sand and sea, though, we decided to have lunch in one of the quaint restaurants along Main Street. After strolling up and down the street to check out what each had to offer, we decided to eat at Walt's Wharf Restaurant.

Liz and I both had fish dishes, which we did enjoy, and thankfully, they didn't come in gigantic portions that I've come to expect at American restaurants. The highlight of the meal, though, was dessert. Though we were both stuffed from our meal, we ordered the Turtle Pie. (Had we been less full, we would have asked for two things from the list.) I'm a big fan of Turtle Pie, and this one didn't disappoint. What I liked especially that there was so much caramel. Having a very sweet tooth, I finished it all up. Others would probably find it too sweet, but if you like your sugar, this Turtle Pie will satisfy.

Walt's Wharf Restaurant
201 Main Street
Seal Beach, CA 90740

Comments