Oishi Sushi

Sushi is another thing that's hard to come by in the midwest, so I've been having it as often as I can while I'm here in Southern California. (Just gotta have my raw fish!) So one evening, we went to try Oishi Sushi. I've been enjoying this sushi-fusion that I've been seeing in recent years, like sushi that's fried somehow, dragon rolls, and such. (For sushi purists this may be unacceptable, but I'm just glad to try anything new that tastes good.) There were a lot of these dishes at Oishi Sushi.

Lobster Rolls- These lobster rolls for example, were something I enjoyed. Then again, it's not hard for fried food to please me.

Oishi Rolls- This was one of the specialties of the house. I liked the pickled cucumber that came with it.

Some sashimi- I always enjoy sashimi, and the fish seemed fresh enough. I recently realized I don't like salmon sashimi (too fishy even for me), so I ordered a sashimi plate that didn't have it.

Soft-shell crab- Soft-shell crab is not easily available, even back in the Philippines. So I always grab the chance to have some. This dish was also deepfried, as it usually is. Come to think of it, I don't think I've had this kind of crab that wasn't fried.

The miso soup was rather thin (and rather tasteless), but the servings of the other dishes were pretty generous.

Comments

Anonymous said…
that stuff looks amazin!! what city is oishi sushi in?

henry
Alex A. said…
henry, i'm so sorry i can't remember the exact address, but if i remember correctly it was in buena park.