P.S. to Moe's Grill

I've changed my mind... I'm NEVER going back to Moe's Southwest Grill again. I went there for the second time last week, and it was a disappointing experience.

I was feeling a little overwhelmed by school work last week, so I decided to take a break and de-stress by what else... eating. So, I went to have some fish tacos at Moe's, since it was one of the closest eating places to the journalism school. Since I was feeling particularly swamped, I thought I deserved TWO tacos, which I proceeded to order.

When I started eating the tacos though, I was horrified by the way it tasted. When I first wrote about their fish tacos, I already noted that their fish, instead of the one-piece fillets I was used to at Rubio's in California, was crumbled into several pieces. This time though, the fish was shredded and seasoned much like they do chicken when they serve it in tacos. The fact that the fish was shredded was bad enough, but the seasoning was just awful. It was TOO salty, and the fish was too "fishy", and obviously not fresh.

I know it's a lot to expect good fish dishes in the midwest, being so far from the coast. But it was just an utter disappointment to have fish tacos that tasted that awful. I never waste food, but it was so bad that I couldn't finish them.

Comments