The Rude Waitress at Seafood Kingdom Restaurant

I'm back in Cali for the Christmas break, and that means it's time again to pig out in the many interesting restaurants in the area. I'm looking forward to the pig-out sessions that are very likely to take place, because almost all my family will be here for the holidays. I've already been back to Seafood Kingdom Restaurant twice, the first time for dimsum (which is only served till 3pm), the other time for dinner. Both times we tried new dishes that turned out to be just as delicious as our favorites.

Fried Noodles with Seafood

I wasn't able to take pictures of most of the dishes because we were too hungry and dug in too quickly. One thing that ruined our eating experience though was the rudeness of one waitress. We ordered additional dishes which we had forgotten to ask for during our initial order, and she said (in a very impatient voice) "Is there anything else you're going to order? Because I can't keep coming back and forth to take your orders." I was just shocked when I heard that. I've never heard anyone say that in a restaurant. The place was not even half full, so it was not because they were particularly busy. You would think they would be happy that their customers are ordering more food, but instead, she made it sound like it was such a chore to attend to diners' requests. And we were nowhere near unreasonable, we were simply ordering additional dishes.

My sister-in-law Liz who is usually pleasant and non-confrontational spoke to the managers about the incident. After all, we come to that restaurant so often, and she felt embarrassed that the restaurant she had raved about to other members of our family (it was the first time for some of them to eat at the restaurant) had servers who were so rude. We will still come back to that restaurant, though, because their food is really good. I just hope they make sure their staff members show some manners.


Seafood Kingdom Chinese Restaurant
9802 Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92804
(714) 636-0398

Comments