Wood Ranch BBQ and Grill

After the whirlwind of the holiday season, I was caught up in the madness of the new semester. This is why I haven't been able to blog about the rest of our pig out sessions in the LA area since I got back here to Missouri.

One restaurant my family tried in Cerritos was Wood Ranch BBQ and Grill. One thing I noticed about the menu was how the restaurant liked to use superlatives for their offerings. For example, they had their "Famous Shredded Onions", which we ordered seeing as how they were so famous. I liked them because they were crispy, unlike similar appetizers in other restaurants. I nearly got dizzy though from all the oil in the batter.

I ordered the Wood-Fired Portobello Mushroom Sandwich, and I kind of regretted my choice afterward. I ordered it because I like portobello mushrooms, but I felt that the red peppers in the sandwich overpowered the taste of the mushrooms.


Another appetizer we had was the Balsamic Grilled Shrimp. For me, this was the "Miss Universe" of all the dishes we ordered. The marinade penetrated the shrimp, and made the shrimp tasty through and through. I noticed in a lot of the restaurants I've been to in the US that the marinade is only superficial. And since shrimps here are not as tasty in themselves as those back home, shrimp dishes usually end up very bland . This appetizer though was very flavorful.


One other thing I really liked at Wood Ranch was their bread. It was so soft, oily (!) and good and had a pesto-garlicky flavor. I had so much of it, which is probably another reason why I didn't finish my portobello sandwich.


Although we were very full after our meal, we still made room for dessert. We order the "Warm Chocolate Experience", and in true superlative fashion, "The Best Cheesecake". Although I am a chocolate person and usually prefer my desserts to have chocolate of some kind, I actually liked the cheesecake. In fairness, it may actually be "The Best Cheesecake". What I liked about it was that it didn't taste like the usual cheesecake. The menu said it was made from scratch in-house with an almond biscotti crust. I liked the crust part the best because the taste was uncommon.




Cerritos Towne Center
12801 Towne Center Drive
Cerritos CA
(562)865.0202

Comments