Taco Tuesdays


One thing I really like about California is that they have so many eating places that serve fish tacos. I've eaten them in fairs, fastfood places, and higher end restaurants. I don't get tired of them, since the taste varies from place to place. One of my favorite places to eat fish tacos is Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill; partly because of the taste, partly because of their range of fresh salsas (the chipotle one is my favorite), but mostly because on Tuesdays, they only cost a dollar each. So it was that "Taco Tuesdays" was born. Kuya, Liz, and I looked forward to going to Rubio's on Tuesdays. (Aidan, being four years old and rather picky about food, wasn't always as enthusiastic.) Kuya would always buy at least 15 fish tacos for the four of us. Aidan usually wouldn't eat his share, unless given the promise that he would get some churros after finishing his food. The tacos left over I would have for breakfast and/or lunch the next day.

I didn't take pictures of the tacos themselves because they're not very photogenic when served. But I do remember them fondly. I actually prefer the taste of their Mahi-Mahi tacos, but unfortunately, they never cost just a dollar. Apparently, Rubio's has a new range of shrimp dishes, like the Mango Crispy Shrimp Taco. I'm not sure if they're offering them permanently, or if it's just for the Lenten season. At any rate, I can't wait to get back to LA to try those out.

Comments