Cafe Berlin

I discovered Cafe Berlin through my good friend Felicity Duncan, who brought me there when I was in the mood for a hearty, post-hangover breakfast. I had slept over at her apartment after a night of partying, because she had been in no state to drive me home. Apparently, Cafe Berlin is a great place to eat after waking up from a late night out, because they serve breakfast fare until 3pm.

I like the place because they serve organic food (including ketchup), offer vegetarian options, and employ a very, very cute waiter. Felicity pointed out this last one to me, and even in my post-party haze I could totally appreciate the beauty of this man. He had longish curly blond hair, and fantastic blue eyes. I've gone to Cafe Berlin several times, for all the reasons mentioned above.

Anyway, before I digress any further, I will start talking about the food. Usually, I have the Eggs Benedict with the vegetarian sausage in place of the Patchwork ham. I like the veggie sausage because it has the herb/spice that I remember tasting, from the time when I used to eat meat sausage. The time I took these pictures though was a weekday, and so I couldn't have the Eggs Benedict which are offered only on weekends. Instead, I had the Yankee Breakfast, composed of two sunnyside up eggs, the veggie sausage, and a homemade biscuit. Downed with a bottomless cup of coffee, these meals at Cafe Berlin are the perfect way to start a late day after a night of indulgence.


Yankee Breakfast


Cafe Berlin
Corner of Providence Rd. & Walnut St.
Columbia, MO
(573)441.0400

Comments

milo said…
hey, thanks for the good review. keep spreading the word! thanks, eli