Mimis Cafe

I'm now on vacation since I just graduated (yay, me!) so I have more time to update this blog. I've been looking at pictures of food that I've taken in the past months, and sometimes I have to think about where I ate particular dishes. Before I totally forget details of more meals, I'm writing another much-delayed entry. This is about my last meal in Southern California before heading back to Columbia, Missouri for my final semester (that's how long ago it was).

On my last night at my brother's before I flew back to Mizzou after the holidays, my family had dinner at Mimi's Cafe. The restaurant supposedly has French and New Orleans-inspired decor and food, so I thought it would be interesting to eat there. I had the Blackened "Soul" with Shrimp Creole, while my sister-in-law Tintin had the Scallops with Butternut Squash Ravioli. We agreed to divide our portions in two, and exchange halves so we could try both dishes. I ended up liking Tintin's dish better, because I particularly like both scallops and butternut squash.

Scallops with Butternut Squash Ravioli


Blackened "Soul" with Shrimp Creole

Although we were very full (which is usually the case after eating full portions in restaurants in the US), we still made some room for dessert. I ordered the Banana Foster Mud Pie, because I can't resist having any dessert with the words "mud pie" in its name. I thought it was pretty good. Then again, it's hard to go wrong with ice cream, caramel, bananas, and a graham cracker crust.

Banana Foster Mud Pie


Mimis Cafe
12727 Towne Center Drive
Cerritos, CA 90703
(562)809.0510

Comments