Sophia's, Columbia MO

I'd been studying in Columbia for going on two years, and just recently realized that I had not really documented much of my eating experiences there. Also, I had not taken time out to visit the restaurants which old-timers in the college town have said to be the best. In true crammer fashion, I left this all until the last minute. I took the food and restaurants there for granted simply because I lived there, and assumed that I would always have lots of time to go to my favorite places and visit new ones. As my graduation day loomed, I realized I had very little time to do either, so I had to step up the eating.

Sophia's was at the top of my list of places to go. It's a sister restaurant of my favorite restaurant in downtown Columbia, Addison's. I asked my friend Holly Villines to have lunch there with me, and we were both happy with the menu. Neither of us eat meat other than seafood, and there were a lot of dishes we could choose from. To start, we shared the Spinach and Portobello Quesadillas. Then I had the Wild Mushroom Farfalle as my main course. I had intended to have dessert, because I've always liked the desserts in Addison's. But I really had no more space for it, because the food was rich and heavy on my tummy. I didn't regret it, though, since I really liked both dishes.

Spinach and Portobello Quesadillas


Wild Mushroom Farfalle

Holly and I went back after a week, again for lunch, and we were once more very satisfied with our choices. I had the Ravioli Aragosta, which was lobster, shrimp and scallop ravioli, while she had the Pasta Buonasera, which was cheese-filled tortellini with pine nuts. We didn't mind the richness of the food. The calories were well worth it.

Sophia's
3915 South Providence Road
Columbia, MO 65203
(573)874.8009

Comments