Deep Sea Crab at Alavar Seafood Grill and Restaurant

I'd only been back in Manila for a few days, and I was still feeling the blues that I usually get after I return from travelling. My very thoughtful brother John and his equally sweet wife Tintin probably thought that a good meal would be a great way to cheer me up, so they brought me to Alavar Seafood Restaurant, which is known for Zamboanga cooking. We had their curacha, or deep sea crab, with Alavar sauce.

Curacha in Alavar Sauce

I loved it! Alavar sauce has some coconut milk in it, and it was perfect to go with white rice (which I ended up eating too much of). It certainly was a good meal, and it did lift my spirits. After all, if there is one good thing about Manila, it's all the great eating to be had.


Alavar Seafood Grill and Restaurant
39 Scout Ybardolaza Street Corner Timog Avenue
Quezon City
Tel. No. (632)926.5636

Comments