Tommy Nevin's Pub

After a long day of shopping and sightseeing when I finally got to Chicago, Vicky and I decided to get a drink (and some food of course) at an Irish pub, Tommy Nevin's. We sat outside because the weather was nice. However, instead of having a relaxing drink, we ended up getting stressed because of the poor service. We had to wait 25 minutes before the waitress came to take our order. I first asked for one of the specials of the day, shrimp tortellini, but with my luck, they had run out. I instead ordered the smoked salmon on garlic flatbread, and tilapia with asparagus.

Then the food took around 20 more minutes to arrive. We were planning to leave the place because of the wait, but we had already invested too much time and were too tired to look around for another place. I just tried to enjoy the food. The salmon was okay, but the tilapia was unremarkable. I don't want to complain about that experience anymore. (Even during that evening I just tried to be zen about it.) Suffice it to say that I'm never going back there.


Tommy Nevin's Pub
1450-1458 Sherman Ave.
Evanston, IL 606201
(847) 869.0450

Comments