Spice Market, Sydney

There are so many Thai restaurants in Kirribilli, which is the area where Gigi lives. Just a 5-minute walk away from her apartment is a short row of restaurants, and three of them serve Thai cuisine. This made me very happy, since I really love Thai food. Gigi first brought me to Spice Market, which is the only one she goes to on a regular basis. She ordered her favorite dishes, which were Choo Chee Fish, and Tofu Stir Fry. I couldn't help ordering a rice dish, so I had some fried rice (so much for the South Beach diet).

I particularly loved the fish, which is Nile perch. Gigi said there is some controversy regarding this fish, involving the exploitation of Africans. (I have to find out more about this and see if this will lessen my desire to eat this fish, which by the way is just yummy.) The Choo Chee sauce, which is some kind of curry, went perfectly with rice. I practically ate the whole rice dish by myself because Gigi was being a good girl and avoiding her carbs.

It was a great meal, and I was very happy with it, despite my awareness of excessive calorie consumption. Well, I'm on holiday and that's the perfect excuse to eat pretty much whatever I want.

Choo Chee Fish

Tofu Stir Fry

Fried Rice


Spice Market
Shop 2, 3A Broughton St
Kirribilli NSW 2061
(02)9929.1755

Comments