Thai Fusion, Sydney

One morning, Gigi and I wanted to have an early lunch, so we walked once more to the little row of restaurants near her apartment. We felt like eating Thai, but the first two restaurants we went to were not yet open for lunch (it was only 10:30, after all). We ended up eating in a place called Thai Fusion by default, since they were the only ones who were willing to serve us that early. (Actually, we practically begged them to feed us.)

We were very hungry, so we had Tom Yum Goong, Stir Fried Vegetables with Tofu, Prawn Macadamia, and Salmon Choo Chee. We ordered the prawns because Gigi and I both liked nuts in our food, and the element of macadamia was intriguing. We had the salmon because Gigi particularly likes choo chee sauce. The prawns were good, but I thought the macadamia didn't particularly enhance the dish. I liked that there were nuts, but it was not the kind of dish where you would say it was a perfect combination. The salmon choo chee, I liked, because of the sauce. But salmon is not my favorite fish, so it paled in comparison to the Choo Chee Fish of Spice Market, as far as I was concerned.

It was still all good, though. Thai food is almost always good for me, and there have been no misses at all here in Sydney.

Prawn Macadamia
Salmon Choo Chee



Thai Fusion
11 Broughton St.
Kirribilli NSW
(02)9954.4402

Comments