Appetizers at Hey Jude, Boracay

Boracay means primarily two things to many people- white sand, and partying. It means both those things to me too, plus one more thing- days of trying out the different restaurants that line the beach.

I was in Boracay recently, and was really looking forward to having a variety of eating places to choose from. Due to its being such a tourist trap, however, I was also ready to shell out some serious cash if I was going to eat (and probably drink) as I pleased. I also knew that indulging in this manner would make it harder and harder to look good in a bikini as the days wore on.

Because I was on holiday, I paid no heed to the calories that I was consuming, whether in liquid or solid form. (I am a firm believer in the "No counting calories during vacations" rule.) I was there with my drinking buddies Travis and Melissa, and it was inevitable that we would have a few drinks as we lounged by the beach.

The place where we chose to hang out for happy hour was Hey Jude, which is pretty much an institution on the island. I like the music there, and it's a great place to people-watch. I usually have their pizza to go with my beer, but during this trip I got obsessed with one of their appetizers, their Parmesan Cheese Fries.

I had it almost everyday I was there, and it seemed I could never have enough. It was such a pleasure to have them with a bottle of beer while watching the sun set.

Parmesan Cheese Fries

For variety though, I also had some of their other appetizers, like the ubiquitous calamares and cheese sticks.

Calamares

Chili Cheese Sticks

Since we would start having beers relatively early (around 4pm), we would already be full from eating so many appetizers when dinner time rolled around. So we would usually end up just ordering even more fries and such and sometimes, pizza, to serve as a substitute for dinner. (The basil on the pizza margherita was the closest thing we had to a vegetable.) Not exactly the most balanced of diets, but hey, we were on holiday.

Hey! Jude Bar and Bistro
D'Mall near Boat Station 2
Boracay Island
Aklan, Philippines

Comments