My current addiction at Cibo

One thing I like about Cibo is that each time I eat there, I can always rely on the food to taste almost exactly as it did the last time I visited it. The pasta is always al dente, and the sauces are consistent in their... well... consistency.

There is a branch of the restaurant in our office which has been around for almost a decade. It's the place I go to when I particularly want to be alone during a meal. It's perfect because there are booths which afford a degree of privacy, and also because I can count on having food that I will surely enjoy.

Farfalle ala Genovese

One of my favorite dishes there is called Farfalle ala Genovese. Farfalle is my favorite kind of pasta because I think it's very cute and fun to look at. I also don't like pasta that is thin (which is the best way I can find to describe it), like angel hair, or even spaghetti. I like pasta that I can really bite into, like penne, rigatoni, and farfalle.

The sauce of Farfalle ala Genovese has cream, pesto, and mushrooms. The combination is just heavenly to me. It's very heavy and I usually feel super bloated after having a plateful. But I don't much care. I really enjoy this dish, and recently, my fondness for it has been revived.

I recently had it three days in a row, and in one of those days, I had it for lunch AND dinner. After that week, I've had to consciously stop myself from going to Cibo so often. It was throwing my food budget off-whack, not to mention that all that cream has made my jeans a little too tight.

I do miss it though, and if my wallet and weight were not a consideration, I'd eat Farfalle ala Genovese every day of the week.


Cibo
ABS-CBN Compound
Mother Ignacia St.
Quezon City, Philippines
Phone number: (63 2)410-2116,(63 2)410-2122

Comments

Giselle said…
ganda ng bagong picture...
Anonymous said…
I can totally emphathize with you...I'm also a pescatarian and I regularly visit Cibo at Greenbelt 5 and, despite having tried other dishes on their menu, I seem to always end up ordering farfalle alla genovese; none of the other dishes can top it's taste. Mas masarap!