Secret Recipe at the Fort

My friend Kennie is one of my favorite eating partners, mostly because she can eat as much as I can. This means I don't feel like a pig when I have dinner (or dessert) with her. She actually amazed me with her capacity to chow down (and this is not easy to do), when we once had a buffet dinner at a Japanese restaurant. She had plate after plate after plate of this dish and that... but I digress.

Since Kennie is an athlete and a badminton champion, she can afford to eat a lot. Her daily training as a professional player burns a lot of calories. This is how she manages to eat as much as she does, without turning into a blimp.

After an extended period of not seeing each other, we finally fixed our schedules and made dinner plans one night. She invited me to try one of her recent favorite restaurants, Secret Recipe at the Fort.

I went to her house and she drove us to the Fort, which I really appreciated. I hate going to that place because I get lost so easily in that area. Because Kennie took over the driving, we got there in good time.

She ordered the Curry Seafood Laksa, while I had the Caribbean Style Dory. I liked my fish, but I ended up eating off Kennie's bowl a lot. I like curry, and I should've ordered what Kennie did, instead of finishing all the soup from her bowl and stealing her calories (which I could ill-afford anyway).

Caribbean Style Dory

Curry Seafood Laksa

After our meal, Kennie suggested that I try the Chocolate Banana Cake. She said that the main reason she invited me to try this restaurant was actually because she liked this dessert a lot.

Because of her recommendation, I had high expectations for the cake. I was a bit disappointed when it arrived though. Kennie herself said that it was a bit drier than what she normally had. It wasn't all bad, but it just didn't live up to the hype.

Chocolate Banana


Secret Recipe
Ground Level, 32nd St. cor. 5th Ave.
Fort Bonifacio
Taguig City, Philippines
Tel. No. (632)856-2953

Comments