Hong Kong food trip

Yeng is getting married in the US in December, so she asked me and our other friends from the defunct morning show Alas Singko Y Medya if we could go out of the country to bond before she exchanged "I do's". After much discussion about conflicts in schedule, the group finally set off for Hong Kong.

One of our first meals when we got there was at a nondescript noodle house in the middle of a random street. We were very hungry at the time after a lot of walking around, so we just decided to eat at practically the first place that we saw after we all realized we were hungry.


I ordered some noodles with prawn dumplings, as well as some fried fish skin. I finished the noodles, mostly because I was so hungry, but I didn't finish the fish skin, mostly because it was too fishy.

Fresh Prawn Won Ton Noodles

Deep Fried Crispy Fish Skin

My sister-in-law Tintin believes that Hong Kong is incomparable as far as strike-anywhere dining taste is concerned. She often raves about how good the food is in HK, no matter where you eat. I personally prefer the food in Bangkok, and the fare in this first meal in Hong Kong I had with my friends only strengthened this preference. Then again, it's too early to pass judgment. Maybe when we are not in such a rush, and have more time to think about where to eat, I'll come across a meal that's worth raving about.

Comments