Lunch Specials at Uno Restaurant, QC

Yet another reason I love Uno Restaurant is that they offer lunch specials that are not offered on their menu. Aside from the fact that they change their menu every quarter, this is another way they can keep things exciting and new for their regular diners. Their specials usually have either soup or salad, plus a choice between two main courses. One of these is usually fish, which is why I look forward to Uno's specials.

This particular afternoon, the soup and one main course were pescetarian friendly. I had their fish and vegetable veloute, and the pan-roasted grey snapper with fennel and garlic.

Fish and Vegetable Veloute

Actually, after having some of their delicious bread to go with the soup, I was bit full already. But I dug into the snapper with relish, because it was perfectly done as far as I was concerned. One side was crunchy and well-done, which is how I often like pan-roasted fish.

Pan-roasted Grey Snapper with Fennel and Garlic

For once, I didn't have any of their dessert. It would really have been too much of an indulgence if I did so. Carbo-overloading is bound to happen at Uno, because their bread is so good, and their courteous servers always replenish your bread basket once it's running low. If you want to enjoy their dessert, you have to consciously hold off on the bread. But, really, it's darned difficult to do so.


Uno Restaurant
195 Tomas Morato cor. Sct. Fuentebella
Quezon City
Philippines
Tel. no. (02)374.0774

Comments