Siam Thai Cuisine, Cebu

My fellow Manila-based friends and I were in Cebu for a short visit, and our Cebuano friends recommended that we go to Siam Thai Cuisine. I love Thai food so I was excited to try the restaurant. However, when it was time to order, I was a bit disappointed that some of the items on the menu were not pescetarian-friendly.

First, I tried to order their Prawn Patties, (one of my favorite things to order in Thai restos) but apparently, they add pork to it. So, scratch that. Then, I wanted to have another of my favorites, which is Pomelo Salad. Again, they told me that they add pork to it. I was determined to have the salad, though, so I still ordered it and told them to remove the pork.

Thai Pomelo Salad

When the dish arrived, it didn't look like much of a pomelo salad anymore, just pomelo with a few bits of shrimp and onion and some vinegary dressing. I did wish it had some peanuts so eating it would have been more pleasurable for me.

Heart-shaped Rice

I wasn't really happy with what I ordered so I mooched some Tom Yum off one of my friends. It was a good thing that the serving was plentiful, so she didn't really mind sharing. The Tom Yum tasted good, so I did not leave the restaurant totally unhappy.

Tom Yum

If I find myself in Cebu, I probably wouldn't go back to Siam, mostly because they add pork to some of my favorite Thai dishes. It's a good thing Cebu offers a lot of other alternatives, as there are many other Thai restaurants to visit. Places where prawn patties are made only of prawn.


Siam Thai Cuisine
The Terraces
Ayala Center Cebu
Philippines
Tel. No. (032)417.1318

Comments