Jack's Loft, Il Terrazzo, Quezon City

On the last few days before the holidays ended and we of the working class had to go back to work on January 4th, I kept busy meeting up with friends. I had plans to have coffee with my diving friend Toto. But again, my plans to have only a cup or two of coffee were foiled by the sheer availability of other sources of calories at our meeting place.

We met up at Jack's Loft at the Il Terrazzo complex in Quezon City. When I got there, Toto was already having coffee (as planned). However, when he asked if I'd had dinner, I suddenly thought that having something to eat would be a good idea. I ordered their penne with tomatoes and cream.


It was marked as one of their house favorites, and I understood why. This is a pretty basic recipe, but it worked, along with the crushed chili flakes that were in it. The menu warned that it was very hot, but I thought that the heat from the chili flakes was just right.

Of course, having a cream-based sauce, this dish was a source of mega-calories and fat. I thought that I was justified in the consumption of all this because I found myself having a few beers after that meal, and having something so fatty in my stomach probably helped in my not having a hangover the next day.

So... pasta and beer. I should just give up on planning to have just coffee with my friends.


Jack's Loft
Il Terrazzo
Tomas Morato
Quezon City, Philippines

Comments