New Year's day at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf

After a very hectic new year's eve, I decided to slow down on January 1st, and limit my activities to having coffee/tea with some girlfriends that evening. We decided on Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at UP Ayala Technohub. At first I thought of starting the year right by having just tea that evening, to somewhat counter the excesses of the holiday season.

However, when I got to the counter, I looked so indecisive that the server helped me out by asking if I wanted some Salmon Scramble, which they offer as an all-day breakfast meal. She was so convincing that I ordered some, along with Ginseng Peppermint Tea.

Salmon Scramble

My friends Isabel, Zara, and Jan all just had something to drink, so I was the only one having a belated (and second!) dinner while we chatted about what happened over the holidays. I tried not to feel guilty and just decided to enjoy my food.

Although the eggs were a bit dry, I thought they were worth the calories. I liked the preserved fruit that went with it, and I had the butter and jam on my bread as well. I figured that I might as well go whole hog (no pun intended), since EVERYone knows new year's resolutions don't apply on the 1st of January. This year, New Year's day officially falls on January 4, which is the first day of work. All resolutions take effect on this date. Including one of mine that says "No more second dinners."

Here's to many more meals in 2010!

The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf
UP-Ayalaland Technohub
Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City
Philippines
Tel. No. (632)738.4770

Comments