Craving for new favorites at Omakase Restaurant

I've probably made it apparent from a past entry that Omakase is one of my Japanese restaurants in Quezon City. Now that they have moved to Il Terrazzo and therefore closer to my place of work, it's that much easier to go there. My officemate Chi and I have been eating there a lot lately because we've both been craving a specific dish in the restaurant, and this has been going on for weeks already. The thing that's been on our minds and subsequently on our waistlines, is their spicy tuna salad.

Spicy Tuna Salad

The salad, which is mostly raw cubes of tuna, is probably not that sinful, in terms of calories (well, except for the mayo dressing and the fried tempura bits). So that Chi and I don't feel too guilty about eating this so often, we only share one serving, then we also share one order of Zigzag Roll. These rolls have softshell crab inside, then there are tempura bits and chopped crab with Japanese mayonnaise and chili oil dressing on top.

Zigzag Roll

These two dishes go so well together, and I don't see myself tiring of them anytime soon. I just hope Chi continues to feel the same way about them, or I'll have to start eating both dishes all by myself.


Omakase Japanese Restaurant
Il Terrazzo
Tomas Morato Ext.
Quezon City, Philippines

Comments