Jozu Kin Japanese Restaurant

Jozu Japanese restaurant is near our office, and so I saw that for a few months, it underwent what appeared to be some major renovation. I never had a chance to eat in the restaurant before its makeover, so I can't really tell if there was an improvement after the process.

I finally went to the re-opened restaurant, and according to its menu, its name is now "Jozu Kin: The Japanese Gold". (Apparently, "Jozu Kin", literally means "skillful gold".) I did like the new interiors, which looked very modern, spare, and Zen. With the change of name, the restaurant became an upscale version of the original.


The restaurant is relatively expensive for the area (then again, its name is "Gold" after all). Despite its steeper prices, the restaurant was full, at least that time I first had lunch there. I was trying not to eat any carbs then, so I just had their Smoked Salmon and Arugula Salad. As I think I've mentioned, I don't see arugula too often, so I try to have it when I can.

Smoked Salmon and Arugula Salad

When the salad arrived, I asked the waiter to tell the chef that I couldn't really see the arugula in the salad, since it looked like it was mostly made of lettuce. This disappointed me, since I ordered that salad precisely for those leaves. Thankfully, the chef sent over a plate of the leaves after my comment.

I enjoyed the salad after the addition, and it took some effort not to order anything anymore after that. I'll go back to Jozu Kin when I'm not trying to go on a low-carb diet so I can try their sushi. It's really not as much fun to go to a Japanese restaurant if you can't eat rice.


233 Tomas Morato cor. E. Lopez Jr. Drive
Near ABS-CBN Compound
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Philippines
Tel No. (632)376.6351

Comments