UCC Coffee Vienna Cafe, The Podium

I recently had an overnight planning meeting with some colleagues, and we had a couple of our meals at UCC Coffee Vienna Cafe at The Podium, which was walking distance from our venue. I like the food in UCC, I just think it's a bit expensive for a coffeeshop. Maybe the prices are steep because of the cost of the franchise. Or maybe it's a prestige thing, which seems to be working out just fine. After all, it's been around for quite a while, so I guess people don't mind shelling out a little more for the goods they offer (myself included, occasionally).

One thing I've noticed though about the few branches of UCC that I've gone to is that the wait staff don't really move all that quickly. Since I hadn't been in a rush during those few times, I didn't really mind. But I figure that if I were, I would be a little upset at their pace of service.

Salmon and Spinach Penne Gratin

For dinner, I had their Salmon and Spinach Penne Gratin. I liked the taste of it, though I did wish it had more spinach. To top off the meal, I shared some chocolate French toast with several people. Considering how many calories were in the pasta dish I had, I thought it would be a bit much to have it all to myself.

Chocolate French Toast

The next day, I had their tinapang bangus. This is one of my favorite breakfasts, so having this with garlic rice and a runny sunny-side-up egg, and coffee to boot, was just perfect. A bit heavy for breakfast, (especially since we split another order of chocolate French toast) but perfect nonetheless.

Tinapang Bangus


UCC Vienna Cafe
The Podium
18, ADB Ave.
Ortigas Center
Mandaluyong, Metro Manila
Philippines
Tel. No. (632)687.3107,(632)637.3118

Comments