Just another fabulous lunch at Uno Restaurant

I've sung enough praises for this restaurant, so you don't really have to guess how I feel about Uno. Anyway, I had another lunch date there with my officemates, and again, I chose to go with one of their lunch specials. It's always interesting to find out what the chef has cooked up specially for the day.

I had their tomato mozzarella salad to go with their braised opakapaka fish. It was the first time I'd heard of this fish, which is apparently (after a quick google search) also known as Hawaiian pink snapper. It was also good to learn that this fish is considered an ocean-friendly seafood choice.

Tomato Mozzarella Salad

The tomato mozzarella salad was good, although I could always use a bigger serving. As for the main course, according to their blackboard, the fish was braised with lemongrass, achiote, and coconut cream. I'm not quite sure what achiote is, but after another quick google search, I learned that it's a kind of seed. And I don't know if I'm right, but I'm guessing it's what we call "atsuete" in the Philippines. Achiote is its Spanish name, and "atsuete" sounds very much like it. So, if anyone can shed light on this etymological question, please enlighten me.

Braised Opakapaka

As usual, I finished my meal with a very distended stomach, partly because I had way too much of their bread. I always tell myself not to have too much of the bread (while waiting for my food) to leave space for everything else I will be eating, but I somehow always fail to do so. Their bread is just too good to pass up.

All in all, it was another very satisfying meal, which is something I've come to expect from Uno Restaurant.


Uno Restaurant
195 Tomas Morato cor. Sct. Fuentebella
Quezon City
Philippines
Tel. no. (02)374.0774

Comments