Nasi Goreng at Cafe Jeepney, Hotel Intercon, Makati

It's that time of year when bazaars are sprouting up right and left, enticing Christmas-crazy consumers to make purchases to wrap and temporarily put under their own Christmas trees while waiting to give them out on the big day. I recently went to one held at Hotel Intercontinental where a friend of mine had a booth selling jewelry. Along with a couple of friends, we wanted to show our support, so we were off to brave the bazaar crowds.

After going around and buying random things I didn't really need and consuming calories I couldn't really afford to be taking in, we decided to indulge in even more at Cafe Jeepney. I hadn't eaten at this place in a long time. I have happy childhood memories of this place, eating breakfast with my family when it was still more famously known as the Jeepney Coffeeshop, and when your tables were inside actual jeepneys.

I chose to have their Nasi Goreng. which according to the menu included fried rice, egg, shrimp crackers, satay chicken, and peanut sauce. I asked the server if I could have a fish substitute for the chicken, and he said it was no problem.

I liked the food that I had (I generally enjoy Nasi Goreng in almost any form I find it), and I thought that the servers were very helpful and accommodating. One of my friends though thought that the four-cheese pizza that he ordered reminded him a little too much of the famous 3M pizza. Since the taste of the pizza was very Filipino, we jokingly said that maybe the four cheeses included Eden filled cheese, Quickmelt, Ques-O, and Queso de Bola.

Nasi Goreng

Un-Italian quattro formaggio or not, I still liked ending my bazaar day with a visit to the cafe. It was good place to relax, recover (from all the shopping) and reminisce.


Cafe Jeepney
Ground Level, InterContinental Manila
1 Ayala Avenue
Makati City
Metro Manila, Philippines
Tel. No. (63 2)793.7000 loc. 6771

Comments