A new favorite at Il Terrazzo: Bistro Napa

Bistro Napa is found in Il Terrazzo along Tomas Morato, and it takes the place of Aresi Restaurant in the building. I believe Bistro Napa has the same owners, and they probably just renamed, re-conceptualized and relaunched the restaurant.

I like it better now in its new form. Aresi in Il Terrazzo was a bit overpriced (unlike its earlier incarnation in the early 2000s), in my opinion. It was probably because the restaurant was pretty big, so the overhead most likely was too. Bistro Napa is smaller than its predecessor, and the hole it will burn in your pocket is considerably smaller as well.

I like Bistro Napa not just because of its lower prices. It's also cozier (maybe also partly due to its smaller size) and less stiff than Aresi was. They offer reasonably priced lunch specials, a different one per weekday, probably to attract the office lunch time crowd. This was what we certainly were, when my colleagues and I visited it for the first time.

On my first visit, I had their Citrus Vinaigrette Salad, which had candied walnuts, blue cheese, and orange segments on greens, and their Salmon Cakes. Chi and Irene both ordered pasta, with Chi having their Shrimp Pesto, while Irene had their Italian Sausage. We were all happy with what we ordered, although I really liked what Chi had (I ordered it on our next visit).

Shrimp Pesto
Salmon Cake

We ordered a host of their desserts, to find our right away which one was best. Chi had the dream sampler, which had vanilla pannacotta, tiramisu, and cheesecake. Among these, the panna cotta was the least popular, because it was the only one that we didn't finish. I had the lava cake, which was my favorite. Like other molten cakes, it took fifteen minutes to prepare. I thought it was worth the wait.

Lava Cake
Dream Sampler

My officemates and I have been to Bistro Napa several times since then, and we will probably continue to have lunch there once in a while to take a break from the restaurants in the station. Well, just as long as they keep their prices low, and their food interesting.


Bistro Napa
Il Terrazzo Mall
Lower Ground Level
35 Tomas Morato Ave. cor. Scout MadriƱan St.
Brgy. South Triangle
Quezon City
Metro Manila, Philippines

Comments