Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

La Regalade French Bistro, Makati

Some photographer friends of mine recently had an exhibit at La Regalade French Bistro in Makati. It ran for several weeks, but I only got to visit it the night before it was set to end. (Procrastinators unite... tomorrow!) Well, always better late than never. I even arrived late that night, shortly before the restaurant was set to close. Although I arrived after dinner, I did have time to have an appetizer. I ordered their Sable Parmesan, which was described by the menu as a "Parmesan tart with sliced tomato and mixed greens salad".

The restaurant is rather pricey, as a lot of French restaurants in Manila are. Although I liked the description of what I ordered, I thought that it lacked cheese. (Heavy on the tart, not so on the Parmesan.) I liked what I ate, I just didn't think it was worth the price I paid for it. Well, I basically went there to show support for my friends, and I achieved that at least. I wasn't so successful in the "trying a restaurant that I would come to love" part. Well, in fairness, I've only been to this restaurant twice. Maybe I should give it another chance.

Sable Parmesan


La Regalade French Bistro
820 Arnaiz Avenue
Makati City, Metro Manila
Philippines
632.750.2104

No comments: