Breakfast at Ya Kun Kaya Toast, NAIA Terminal 2

When I travel domestic for fun (as opposed to work-related travel), I usually try to book an early morning flight so I can make full use of the day when I arrive at my destination. Even if this means having to wake up extremely early, I find that it's worth it. What this means is that I usually have to have breakfast at the airport. I say "have to have" because when I wake up early, I find myself getting voraciously hungry soon after. Normally, I don't get very hungry in the morning. Maybe it's my body asking me to compensate for the abuse of sleep deprivation.

I get excited when I fly PAL because Terminal 2 is where I get to eat at Ya Kun Kaya Toast, a coffee stall from Singapore, and their toast is a great thing to have for breakfast. I had another early morning flight on PAL and my friends and I all rushed to check in so we would have time to eat some Kaya Toast. Just like other meals you can get at the airport, it's relatively expensive, but given the other choices available, I'm very happy to pay for overpriced toast.


I usually order their Kaya Toast Set, which includes two slices of Kaya toast, two soft boiled eggs, and a cup of coffee or tea. The set costs P180. My friend Jan was the one who introduced me to Kaya toast, and he showed me how he mixed the sauce with the eggs for dipping the toast in, and it was simply delicious. I've tried the other meal sets since then but I like this set the best.

The famous Kaya Toast

I have to admit, the prospect of having some Kaya toast for breakfast never fails to add to my excitement and anticipation when I travel with Philippine Airlines.


Ya Kun Kaya Toast
Pre-boarding area
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA)
Centennial Terminal 2
MIA Road
Pasay City, Philippines

Comments