Nanbantei of Tokyo Restaurant

After I got back from Cambodia, my friends wanted to meet up so we could catch up on what had been going on while I was away. My Makati-based friends suggested that we have lunch in Nanbantei in Greenbelt. The specialty of Nanbantei is what they call their Yakitori orders.

Technically, yakitori refers to barbecued chicken skewers, but it can also refer to skewered food in general. I ordered skewers of Shake Yaki, or salmon belly with onion leeks, Tofu, and Uzura Tamago or quail eggs. I also had some Yaki Onigiri or grilled riceballs.

Skewered salmon, tofu, and quail eggs

Yaki Onigiri or grilled riceballs

I liked the salmon, but the tofu and quail eggs were pretty ordinary. Also, the rice balls were kind of dry. I think my friends ended up happier with their meal than I did. Probably because they had more choices in terms of skewers to order. Maybe I would have been happier if I ordered other pescetarian options.


Nanbantei of Tokyo
3rd floor Greenbelt 3
Esperanza St. Ayala Center
Makati City, Metro Manila
Philippines
Tel. No. 632.757.4130

Comments