Pescetarian hotpot at Taiwan Sha-bu Sha-bu, Cebu

I am usually wary of shabu shabu or hotpot restaurants, because you usually go there with a group, and expectedly, majority of the people in any given group would like to eat a lot of red meat and chicken. Since the pot is communal, I end up not eating anything from it and just order a la carte, which defeats the whole purpose of going to a shabu shabu restaurant.

I didn't have to worry this evening here in Cebu though, when our hosts brought us to Taiwan Sha-bu Sha-bu.


They are aware of my pescetarian preferences and so ordered a lot of seafood and vegetarian ingredients, which were to be put in an exclusively pescetarian pot (their idea, not mine). They are so sweet and thoughtful to do that.

The downside of this is that I ended up having so much to eat, even though some people shared my pot. These are some of the ingredients that we put inside it.


I think these were lobster balls.




I threw all these ingredients into the pot...


and soon enough, it was boiling.


As you can see from the photo, there's a LOT of food in that pot. I stuffed myself and had several bowls from it. I convinced myself that the meal wasn't too sinful because the food was just boiled anyway, and that all I had was practically... just soup. I told myself that several times until I inevitably agreed with this logic.


Taiwan Shabu Shabu Restaurant
Banilad. Cebu City
Philippines

Comments