Healthy meals at Pancake House

I had some time to kill at Bonifacio High Street before attending an event so I decided to... what else... eat! I wandered about trying to decide where to have some early dinner, but after walking for fifteen minutes I just decided to go an old reliable, Pancake House.

The servers there always give you a lot of menus when you sit down- one for yogurt, one for steaks, etcetera, etcetera. This time they had a new menu for what they call their "Healthy Hunger Busters". These are meals that are supposed to be high in fiber and anti-oxidants.

The dish called "Salmon cakes with brown rice tabbouleh" caught my eye, so I ordered it. It was described in the menu as "crunchy salmon cakes topped with alfalfa sprouts, served on a spread of brown rice tabbouleh with dill mayo and chopped parsley".

Salmon Cakes with Brown Rice Tabbouleh

I looked up tabbouleh and apparently it's some kind of Middle Eastern salad. No wonder when my food arrived, the server said the brown tabbouleh rice was usually served cold, then asked me if I preferred to have it hot. I wasn't really psyched for a cold meal so I had it heated up. (I suspect a lot of diners preferred theirs hot as well.)

The salmon cakes were nothing fantastic. I think there wasn't enough salmon in them. And I was a bit disappointed that there were no alfalfa sprouts as described. I did like the rice though, and it was very filling. It was so filling that I felt full up till midnight. Then again I forgot to mention that I had some chocolate marble waffle as well. Maybe that's the real reason my tummy felt so distended till it was time to sleep.


Pancake House
Bonifacio High Street
5th Avenue
Fort Bonifacio Global City
Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines
Phone Number: (63 2) 856-5451

Comments