Rock climbing in Vang Vieng, Laos

I was so happy to find out that they had rock climbing in Vang Vieng. The problem was I didn't bring any gear with me. Luckily, we found a place called Green Discovery, which offered rock climbing tours, among others. Z and I signed up for the one-day course, which included lunch. They said they brought food for vegetarians, so that was fine by me.

 The next day, they picked us up around 9am and we rode a tuktuk to the climbing area. It was a short ride, and an even shorter approach to the actual rock face (around one minute of walking!). After a tiring morning of climbing several routes, our friendly climbing guides prepared our lunch.


I wasn't able to finish my meal, which was a baguette, some fried rice, and barbecued vegetables. It was pretty good, but it was just way too much for me to finish.


It was good that we had a hearty lunch because the routes we climbed in the afternoon were even harder. It was a great day for me. Outdoor climbing always gives me good vibes. I think I'll try to come back to Vang Vieng, hopefully in the not-so-distant-future, for more climbing.


Green Discovery Eco-Tours
Vang Vieng, Laos

Comments