A new find: Relish, Hello Happiness! Restaurant

I'd seen the construction of this new restaurant "Relish" going on, because it's right beside Cerchio, where Chi and I so often have lunch. This week, we decided to finally try this new place. The facade amuses me, because it's so positive about how your experience will go. In fact, the complete name of the restaurant appears to be "Relish, Hello Happiness!" (Yes, it comes complete with exclamation point.)


When Chi and I entered, our first impression of the place was that it was a restaurant for "ladies who lunch", probably because a lot of the clientele at that time were, well, ladies. It was perfect for our purposes, as we wanted a place to chat and catch up on gossip since we hadn't seen each other for a few weeks.

I ordered the pumpkin soup to start, since I am still in search of the best pumpkin soup in the city, and Chi and I both ordered the Cream Dory with Lemon Pepper Sauce.

The pumpkin soup tasted a lot like those of other restaurants, except that it was a little too sweet, even for me, and I often like sugar in my food. It would have been better if it were not too sweet. I liked how the croutons were so crunchy, though. I might order this again if it were less sweet the next time around.


Roasted Pumpkin Soup


Next up, the cream dory. This was a hit with both Chi and me. We both liked the creamy sauce, and the garlic mashed potatoes that we chose as our sides. This one's a keeper; I will definitely have it again in the future.

Cream Dory with Lemon Pepper Sauce

For dessert, we had a hard time deciding which one to have, since they have a rather long list to choose from, and the waiter had several recommendations. We went with one of them and ordered the Peanut Banoffee Pie. We enjoyed this dessert as well. I particularly liked that the cream was frozen.

Peanut Banoffee Pie

As we were about to leave the restaurant, a sweet lady (presumably the owner) approached us and thanked us for coming, gave us the restaurant's business card, and then asked us to come back.

We definitely will.


Relish Hello Happiness! Restaurant
74 Scout Limbaga St. cor. Tomas Morato
Quezon City, Philippines
Tel. No. +63 2 352.5492/352.0774
Mobile +63 926.695.9885
Email relishqc@yahoo.com

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very disappointing service! Pls train ur staff n most esp ur manager on how to properly speak to ur customers even if it is closing time! We had our Christmas gathering with the kids and spent 12k but come closing time they literally vacate us to leave the place saying mag lilinis na kami!