Sunday night celebration at Rue Bourbon

My friend Kate wasn't joking when she said she wanted to celebrate her birthday all month long. This afternoon, she, along with other June celebrants Gel and Estelle, held a birthday party at McDonald's in Libis. This was a form of throwback celebration since they (along with Joan, who wasn't at the latest party) also had a joint McDonald's birthday bash in 1999.

After the "children's party", Kate, Gel, and I went to nearby Starbucks to hang out. I hadn't seen Gel in years, and it's always such a joy to see her, so it was great to catch up with what's been going on with her. Our extended get-together over coffee was still not enough, so Kate proposed that we go to Eastwood for some drinks. Since it was a slow Sunday evening with nothing to do, Gel and I agreed it was a good idea.

Kate suggested we go to Rue Bourbon, owned by currently-very-popular actress Jodi Sta. Maria. Since the restaurant offered New Orleans cuisine, I was eager to try their dishes.

Since we were still full from our fastfood feast, we just ordered a couple of appetizers. We had some Cajun Shrimp Pizza, and Creamy Spinach Dip.

Cajun Shrimp Pizza
I liked the pizza because the crust was very thin and crispy. It didn't taste particularly cajun-y to me though. The creamy spinach dip was not memorable, although I did like the garlic bread that came with it. The dip didn't go too well with the potato chips that also accompanied it, I really wished they had just given us the bread instead.

Creamy Spinach Dip
With these appetizers, I had a mug of beer. Although the word "pitcher" might be more appropriate. It was practically a workout for me just to lift the mug to my lips. I liked their caramel beer, because it was quite sweet.

Giant Mug of Beer!
We stayed at Rue Bourbon until it was closing time. I certainly didn't expect a celebration that started at 4pm to extend until way way way past midnight, but catching up with these dear friends was so much fun that the time wasn't nearly enough. Happy birthday Kate! I hope to see you and Gel again very soon!


Rue Bourbon
Eastwood City Walk, Orchard Road
Bagumbayan, Quezon City
Tel. No. (632)570.0984

Comments