The Stock Market, Bonifacio High Street

I spent a rare afternoon shopping at Bonifacio High Street with a couple of friends, and we decided to have some dinner at The Stock Market at the end of our spree. I've always been intrigued by this restaurant's interiors, so I wanted to finally try the place out. Apparently, the place is owned by Del Monte Philippines, and is so named because Del Monte sells its "stock" of products there. It's more of a family place that serves American food.

One of my friends ordered a burger of sorts (since I don't eat burgers, it didn't interest me enough to remember the name), then my other friend ordered some pasta with salmon. I ordered their Blackened Fish with Mango Pineapple Relish and Seafood Creole Rice. I think I order blackened fish whenever I see it on a menu. I love New Orleans cuisine, and this is one thing that I almost always end up happy with.

Blackened Fish

I liked their version of this dish, and although I was avoiding carbs, I couldn't resist the Creole rice. After finishing all of it, I declared it worth the carbohydrates. My friends though were not as satisfied with their choices. The taste of the salmon pasta (which I tried) was okay, but the sauce was way too watery (as you can see from the photo). We ended up putting a lot of cheese in it to try and make it thicker.

Salmon Pasta

The burger, I was told, was not memorable either. A little too small, and not particularly tasty, for its price. All in all, I'm not sure I would return to this restaurant. I did like what I ate here, but maybe next time I find myself in Bonifacio High Street, I'll try Clawdaddy to try their New Orleans cuisine instead.



The Stock Market
Bonifacio High Street
Bonifacio Global City
Taguig, Metro Manila
Philippines
Tel. No. (632) 856-6301

Comments