Prawns in Garlic

Finals week is FINALLY over, so I will have more time to write about food. This is one of my favorite dishes as I was growing up. I loved it whenever my mom cooked this for us. When I come over to have lunch, she still prepares it for me.

(May also be cooked with fish)

Prepare: 1 k. prawns, peel skin w/o removing the head
Marinate in 2 T. lime juice
1 t. pepper
Heat: 1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. olive oil or corn oil
Brown slightly 1/4 c. minced garlic
Add 2 t. green pepper - panigang, sliced & seeded
Add shrimps & pan fry till pink
Add 2 T. Maggie seasoning or oyster sauce
1/2 t. pepper
Remove prawns from the pan
Add to the pan 1/2 cup butter
1/4 t. pepper
Boil once and place back the prawns.
Serve immediately with molded steaming rice

Note: If fish is used, roll in seasoned flour, eggs, bread crumbs, then fry.

Comments