Bismillah Restaurant


I have been wanting to eat some Indian food in California, since there are only a couple of Indian restaurants in Columbia. The one I went to a couple of times, called Taj Mahal Indian Cuisine had such slow service (we waited an hour for our food) that I've sworn off going there. I have good memories of eating at Prince Jaipur at The Fort in Makati, and I've been looking for a restaurant that served Indian food that good.

After winning a game of rock, paper, scissors with Kuya, who wanted to eat Mexican, off we went to Bismillah Restaurant, which served Indian and Pakistani food. I ordered Shrimp Masala, some Papadum (spicy Indian crackers), Garlic Naan (leavened bread also called Roti) and Biryani Rice. (You can tell I'm not on the South Beach Diet.)

The Shrimp Masala was good and just hot enough for me. It wasn't too photogenic though which is why I don't have a picture of it on here. I liked the Papadum though I always end up wanting to eat more of it because it's so thin and insubstantial. I liked the Garlic Naan the best, which I dipped into the sauce of the Shrimp Masala. The rice was also good, and it also went well with the sauce of the shrimp.

I didn't find the dishes that I loved to eat in Prince of Jaipur back home, but I enjoyed my meal at Bismillah anyway.

Bismillah Restaurant
8901 Knott Ave #D (Lincion)
Buena Park , CA 90620
Phone: (714) 827-7201

Comments