Koi Chinese and Sushi



On a recent trip to Chicago, I ate in Koi Chinese & Sushi, which is actually located in Evanston, a nearby suburb. The server recommended their specials, which they change every month or so. Since she was very enthusiastic about her recommendations, I chose two dishes from the list of specials. One dish was shrimp with mango, peas, and carrots. It was the kind of dish you can order in some Chinese restaurants where the sauce is mayonnaise-based and is a little sweet (other versions of this dish have walnuts). I have asked my Chinese friends about this dish, but they say they do not usually use mayonnaise in their dishes. At any rate, I usually like this dish, whether it's truly Chinese or not.



The other dish I ordered which I was very happy with was the Red Dragon Sushi. As evident in the picture, the sushi is shaped like a dragon. It had cucumber, tuna, cream cheese, and shrimp tempura in it. The tempura gave it a very good texture when I bit into it. It was so good! I would like to go back to Koi, but only if they still have this sushi in their list of specials.

Koi Chinese & Sushi
(847) 866-6969
624 Davis St
Evanston, IL 60201

Comments