Finbars Italian Kitchen

This is the last of my super-delayed entries from the holiday season (haha how's that for late) which I spent with my family in the LA area. We spent one whole shopping day in the complex of South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa (mostly digging for bargains at Nordstrom Rack). An important part of the shopping process is fueling up for all that walking and carrying of shopping bags. We were all hungry by late afternoon, since we had not had lunch yet. We looked for restaurants in the complex so we could still shop after eating.

We found Finbars Italian Kitchen a few meters away from where we were shopping, so we went in and quickly ordered our food. We were all famished. To start, we had the Caprese (fresh mozzarella with sliced roma tomatoes), then for my main course I had the Southwest Portobello Mushroom Ravioli. I often have dishes that have portobello here because these mushrooms are very expensive back home.

The food actually took some time to be served, so we were all so very hungry and also a little grumpy when it arrived. Also, we wolfed it all down so quickly, which is why I totally forgot to take pictures. However, I remembered to do so after I was sated and ready for dessert. We had chocolate cake a la mode and tiramisu. I am not particularly fond of tiramisu, but John and Tintin are constantly in search of the best tiramisu, so they always have this whenever they go to an Italian restaurant. I don't remember the exact rating they gave the Finbars version, although I do remember that they didn't say it was the absolute best they'd ever had. I myself was happy with the cake and ice cream.

Tiramisu

Blackout Gelato Cake


Finbars Italian Restaurant
Metro Point at South Coast
901 South Coast Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714)641.3000

Comments