A Taste of LA, Quezon City

A Taste of LA holds a special significance for me and some of my friends from the office. We used to have a regular get-together there on the evening of July 26th, where we would eat and have a few drinks to usher in the birthday of Gigi, which falls on the 27th.

Gigi is based in Australia now, and in our group, only Chi and myself are left in the station. We haven't held that tradition for a few years now, but we still go to this restaurant to get together especially with friends who now live overseas and visit Manila once in a while.

Chi and I went to A Taste of LA soon after I arrived back home. We had a lot of catching up to do. I had their pan-fried sole, and we had a few glasses of wine to go with our dinner. There were a few almond slivers on top of the fish, and I wished there were more, much like the fish in Terry's (That's another story though).

Pan-fried sole

The dim lighting in A Taste of LA is perfect for couples going on romantic dates, but I find that it's also the perfect place for having a quiet (or maybe not-so-quiet) dinner with friends. Maybe the place is just conducive to eliciting confidences you might not otherwise be able to pry from them. It's probably a combination of the ambience, the semi-darkness, and the wine that tends to loosen tongues and encourage over-sharing.


A Taste of LA
171 Roces Ave. cor. Tomas Morato
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(632)374.2461

Comments