The Forge and Vine

I was often stressed out during my last semester at Mizzou, much like most of my fellow graduates-to-be. Rushing papers, finishing up projects; these things were enough to make me want to pull my hair out. I had to write a mini-thesis that I needed to defend before a committee so that I could graduate, and I spent around five days with barely any sleep writing it up. After I did a final spell check, I sent the paper off to my committee members for them to review before my defense.

Although I wasn't sure that I would defend it successfully (though it turns out I would), I was just so relieved that I had finished the paper at all that I figured it was time for a celebration. I decided to go to the Forge and Vine, a restaurant that becomes a happening bar after dinner hours. I had a late lunch by myself around three in the afternoon. When I went there, there were no people at all. I thought that was great because no one would rush me to leave the table. I eat very slowly, and when I eat alone, I particularly like to savor the food.

Baked Crab Dip

I had the Baked Crab Dip to start, and it was too big for me to finish. I set more than half of it aside to take home. I had to leave room for the main course, and I also fully intended to have dessert and coffee. I had the Forge Pasta Primavera with Shrimp, and for dessert I had the turtle cheesecake.

Forge Pasta Primavera with Shrimp

Turtle Cheesecake

Among the things I ordered, I enjoyed the dip the most, followed by the cheesecake, and finally, the pasta. I didn't think the pasta was anything special. It tasted like some other dishes that I've had in similar restaurants. Nonetheless, I enjoyed my solo celebratory lunch. Eating slowly with no people around... that's practically heaven for me.


119 South 7th Street
Columbia, MO 65201
In between Locust & Cherry
Phone: 573.44.Forge
(573.443.6743)

Comments