Katre Mediterranean Fusion Cuisine, Quezon City

My LA-based brother Jerick, his wife Liz, and their son Aidan recently came over for a visit, and that meant, among many things, that we all had an excuse to eat whatever we wanted since being together was always a reason to celebrate. Eating is one thing that my siblings and I like to do collectively, so for the two weeks that they were here, all diets were put on hold.

Even before the three of them arrived, my sister-in-law Tintin even made a list of desserts that they had to try while in Manila (accompanied by all the siblings of course). We didn't have enough time for them to try it all, but we certainly gave it our best shot.

We also wanted Kuya's family to try our favorite restaurants, so for dinner one night, John made reservations at Katre. That restaurant is a favorite of John and Tin's, and I also like it for its ambience. Well, not just that, I also like it because they have a lot of seafood on their menu.

Grilled Mahi Mahi with Calico Scallops

We stayed in a function room, which was great because it gave us a lot of privacy and also prevented the other diners from getting bothered by all the racket that my nephews and niece created. The cast of characters for that evening were: Family #1- the three balikbayans; Family #2- John, Tin, and their new baby Raffy, and Family #3, so far the biggest family, my sister Giselle, her husband Bong, and their children Chino and Trixi. Oh, and there was me, of course.

Boquerones

We quickly got down to business when we got to the restaurant. We had the Boquerones and the Traditional Bruschetta to start with, then I had Seafood Bisque with Crab Meat. I love bisque, and this one didn't have "fishy-ness" which some versions have. The cream and the yogurt in it made me a bit full, but I made sure I had enough for the main course.

Seafood Bisque with Crab Meat

Traditional Bruschetta

I had the Grilled Mahi Mahi with Calico Scallops, and had greens with it instead of rice. It was a good choice, I think. Jerick had the Steamed Lapu Lapu Fillet and after tasting it, I liked what I had better than what he had hahah!

It was a very enjoyable evening. Because of the privacy the function room gave us, we could talk and laugh all we wanted. (The kids were pretty much screeching all they liked as well.) The food was good, the wine we had was too. We also had dessert (diets on hold, remember?), so no one could complain. The only thing we didn't like was that they closed early so they practically had to shoo us out so they could close shop.

(You would think that we would all be full after all we had to eat, but since we wanted to hang out some more, we went to Shakey's after we left Katre so Kuya could have some beer. We ended up eating pizza AND ice cream. I think we took the no-diet rule a bit too seriously.)


Katre Mediterranean Fusion Cuisine
103 Dr. Lazcano Street
Quezon City, Philippines
Tel. Nos. 373.4705/374.6650

Comments