Goodbye, Jollibee Ice Craze Mais con Hielo

For the past three weeks, I've been treating myself to a cheap (and fattening) thrill. For only P39, I've been made very happy by Jollibee Ice Craze Mais Con Hielo. The cornflakes on top and the coco milk give it a flavor distinct from the homemade variety. I am a bit embarrassed to admit it, but I've been having it EVERY single day. Everyday until two days ago, that is.


The day before yesterday, I drove through my usual haunt, but the attendant on duty told me that they were out of stock. Out of stock? I thought to myself, rather petulantly. How can they run out of corn? Or ice, for that matter? These ingredients are easily available from any grocery. If I sound obsessive, that's because I was used to having this treat every day, and I didn't want to go through withdrawal.

Anyway, I went to the same drive through yesterday, and they gave me the same answer. "Out of stock." I refused to give up, so I went to another branch. Again, they didn't have any Mais con Hielo for me. The food attendant then told me that they were phasing out Ice Craze, and that they are launching a new dessert on March 18th.

This was depressing news. I don't know where else I can get the same amount of happiness and pleasure for the paltry amount of P39.

Comments

puprock said…
hi, gidge. were you talking about jollibee along t. morato?- caren
Alex A. said…
hi caren, yes, i was. i checked out the one along quezon avenue, and that's where i was told that it was going to be phased out.