Fish Skin Chicharon from Peanut World

Many people enjoy eating chicharon. The crunch, the salt, the grease on your fingers as you dip the pork rinds into a small container of vinegar... Well, I haven't had chicharon for years and years now, but I do remember (vaguely) how chicharon gives one some serious albeit guilty pleasure.


I discovered a pescetarian alternative to this snack, which is available in stalls in malls and other establishments- Fish Skin Chicharon at Peanut World. My colleague Julie brought some to the office and I was hooked from the first taste. We have this stall in our office food court, which is why I often have it. A few weeks after I discovered it, I was eating it practically every day.

It's supposed to be a healthier alternative to the real chicharon, but I'm pretty sure all the salt in it is not good for me. I don't really mind. In a 100-or-50-gram bag, I once again can have the crunch, the salt, the grease... and none of the pork.

Comments

louis luzzo said…
Anyone who hasn't tried fish skins is missing out!
These are delicious, and in my opinion, over looked, tasty morsels.
Thanks for sharing.
Alex A. said…
Thanks for dropping by Gourmet Girl! Looking forward to sharing food stories with you :)
Anonymous said…
I haven't tried fish skins, very interesting, I'll be on a lookout for them!
Alex A. said…
Thanks for visiting, 5-star foodie! I hope you can find some to try. They're really tasty :)