Nasi Lemak Restaurant, Quezon City

I first heard of Nasi Lemak restaurant from my colleague Julie, who wrote a story about it for abs-cbnnews.com. According to her story, the Singaporean/Malaysian restaurant's background was pretty interesting.

Oatmeal-Crusted Prawns

The owner Cory Lelina worked as an overseas Filipino worker (OFW) in Singapore for 20 years. Apparently, her Finnish employer died of a tumor. After that, her employer's best friend convinced her to set up a restaurant in Manila. Thus, Nasi Lemak was born.

I've eaten there several times, and I always over-order and overeat when I do. My favorite dish in that place is the oatmeal-crusted prawns.

Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice)

I also like their Nasi Goreng or fried rice. Then again, I don't think I've ever met a cup of fried rice I didn't like.

Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet

Their sweet and sour fish fillet tasted pretty much like it does in any decent Chinese restaurant. The kind that is just perfect to eat with fried rice.

There are many more dishes that I intend to try in this restaurant. The items listed on the menu are a hodgepodge of dishes from various Asian countries. For the most part, I've liked what I've tasted so far. Maybe except for a vegetable dish with bangus, the name of which escapes me right now.


Nasi Lemak Authentic Asian Cuisine
Tomas Morato
Quezon City, Philippines

Comments