Cyma Greek Restaurant's Molten Chocolate Cake

I had not seen my childhood friend Anjou in a while. She had been traveling off and on for a few months and it had been hard to find some time with her in between her trips. Finally, she was going to stay put in the country for a while, so I was able to arrange a get-together with her.

Anjou is a Makati girl while my working world revolves around Quezon City. We decided to meet halfway, and have lunch at Shangri-la Mall in Mandaluyong City. We agreed on having some Greek food at Cyma.

To start off, we had the Spinach and Artichoke Fondue, which is one of their best-sellers. Aside from the spinach and artichoke, it had a lot of cheese and some sundried tomatoes, and was served with pita triangles and grilled garlic bread on which to spread it. The fondue was a little burnt, but I still liked it.

Spinach and Artichoke Fondue (slightly burnt)

For our main course, Anjou and I shared the Kakavia Entree which had shrimps, mussels, squid, clams, fish fillet and vegetables in a saffron fennel broth. It sounded good on the menu, but I didn't like it all that much. (Not really Cyma's fault. I think it was mostly because I realized belatedly that I was not really in the mood for a watery entree.)

My favorite part of the meal was dessert. I ordered the Skolatina, their version of Molten Chocolate Cake. Anjou found it a little too sweet, but I loved the extra sugar. I just loved how the warm chocolate filling oozed out of the cake and ran into the vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. My only complaint about this dessert is that it’s too small. (It’s probably one fourth of the Molten Chocolate Cake of Chili’s.)

Skolatina (Molten Chocolate Cake)

All told, it was a pleasurable two-hour lunch with Anjou. We caught up on lots of things (although we were often interrupted by the waiters' cries of "Opa!"), bonded over gossip and food, and I had a healthy dose of cheese and chocolate.



Cyma Restaurant
Unit 638 Level 6
Shangri-la Mall
Mandaluyong City
Philippines
Telefax: 63(02)637-3090

Comments

Giselle said…
I really should try Cyma one of these days. Maybe on your birthday, hehehe...
Alex A. said…
Sure, basta ililibre mo ako haha ;-D
Arete said…
i had one of the best salads ever in cyma. i forgot the name but it was mostly lettuce, olives, orange bits and nuts. opa! :)
Alex A. said…
thanks for dropping by, Arete! I'll be sure to try that salad next time :)
Anonymous said…
I'll try that next time I go to manila. It sounds great pero work out mahal kasi maraming sasama dapat tahimik lang pag punta doon.
Blitz Macalma said…
Aw shucks, we went to Cyma last weekend and wasnt able to try the Molten Cake! we'll surely have dessert next time! you might want to check out my blog review as well.. we tried The Pork Chops and Spaghetti with Feta Cheese and Giant Shrimps! =)

http://blitzmacalma.blogspot.com/2009/08/munching-cyma-opa-experience.html
Alex A. said…
thanks for dropping by blitz! i'll try the shrimp pasta and flaming cheese next time. happy eating!
Anonymous said…
I didn't mind the tiny COCKROACH in the chili oil as much as the LIEs the staff said to keep people in walking shorts out of the restaurant. . .

The next time you go to CYMA Eastwood wearing shorts in a warm summer night at 9pm, don't believe them when they tell you that you are 10th in the wait list. The CYMA staff at the front entrance told us that we were 10th in the wait list. We called his bluff and waited for the 9 groups to arrive. When they saw that we were not leaving they ushered us to an empty table after just a few minutes. We thought that the Cyma Lamb Chops and Salad will make up for it until we saw a small COCKROACH in the chili oil . . .
Alex A. said…
wow that sounds like such an unfortunate experience. i hope this reaches the attention of the restaurant's management.