La Maison, Trinoma, Quezon City

I was going to have dinner with my parents at Trinoma, and I wanted to go to a place I'd never been to before. I was still at the office running late for our date, and I hadn't decided where to eat, so I hurriedly checked the Internet for a place we could try. I came across the restaurant La Maison, and according to some blogs (at least the first two I stumbled upon), they had "good creamy mussels" and "excellent service".

Seafood Bounty

As usual, my parents were there ahead of me, so I went straight to business and ordered. We had the Lobster Bisque, the Chinoise Crab salad, and their Seafood Bounty (which had the creamy mussels previously mentioned).

Chinoise Crab Salad

I am sorry to say, but the dishes were a bit disappointing. Well, except for the mussels. First, about the soup. I actually liked the taste of the bisque; what I didn't like was how watery it was. It was pretty much the consistency of, well... water (like I said, WATERY).

Lobster Bisque

The Salad also tasted okay, but the leaves were quite soggy. Finally the Seafood Bounty, which consisted of creamy mussels, shrimps, fish, and calamari. We finished only the mussels, and took home most of the rest. This is pretty telling, considering I rarely leave a dish uneaten. The shrimp was a bit tough, and the fish and calamari were not particularly memorable.

What I did like about the place was the service of the staff (the blog I read was right about that), and also the complimentary black bread they gave at the start of the meal. Unfortunately these things are not enough to convince me to ever go back to La Maison.


La Maison
Trinoma Mall
2nd Level Trinoma
EDSA corner North Avenue
Quezon City, Philippines
Tel. No. 916.6351

Comments