Cav Wine Shop and Cafe, Bonifacio High Street

Having wine with good friends is always a treat, especially if you have some good food to go with the vino. Cav in Bonifacio High Street is the perfect place to catch up with old friends, and this is one of the preferred places to meet, when my Australia-based friend Gigi decides where to go when she wants Chi and I meet up with her when she visits. (One very important consideration is that she lives at the Fort when she is in Manila.)

We had their wine flight, or three tasting portions of their wine. I chose the white, as I now get migraines from red. Then we had some cheese, gambas, and their crab cakes to go along with the wine.

Cheese Platter
Crabby Patties
Gambas al Ajillo

I like Cav, not just because of the wine and the food, but also because of the ambience. It's very conducive to chatting and enjoying yourself on a girls' night out. One thing I don't like about it though is that the exhaust is not topnotch. I don't mind that there is smoking inside the place. What I do mind is that the smoke just re-circulates inside the place, enough to make my eyes water as the night draws on. With better exhaust and ventilation, I could stay there longer, instead of having to call it a night because of smoke overload.


Lot 5, Quadrant 8
Bonifacio High Street
Fort Bonifacio Global City
Philippines
(632)856.1798

Comments