Fancy Crepes, Cakes and Coffee

This is yet another entry about a resto in Il Terrazzo. The reason why I've been going there so often is that I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with my friend Yeng, who is soon transferring to another network, and she likes that place. Parking is relatively easy, and there is some variety of choices available to the diner.

This particular afternoon, we decided to go to Fancy Crepes, Cakes, and Coffee, because we wanted to stay in the open air to enjoy the relatively cool weather. This place is perfect for dining al fresco, because the seats are soft, and the umbrellas give you the illusion that you are actually outdoors. After going through their menu, I decided to have their Cheese Thrills Crepe.

Cheese Thrills Crepe

According to the menu, it's a "soft, stringy, crumbly, sharp bouquet of Parmesan, cream cheese, mozzarella, and cheddar with basil oil, topped with rondelle of tomato". It sounded so appetizing and perfect for a cheese lover.

However, the reality didn't quite meet the expectations. I thought that there was simply not enough cheese to go with the crepe. It looked like a small lump of cheese paste stuffed into the crepe. Also, it was not as "sharp" as I had hoped, and tasted a little on the bland side. In my disappointment, I ended up eating most of what Yeng ordered, which was some tuna pasta.

Tuna Pasta

The pasta was a lot more flavorful than the crepe that I had. I also liked that the pasta was colorful fusilli, which made it more interesting to eat. It's a good thing that Yeng decided to eat after all (she was supposed to have just coffee), or I might have left the place disappointed.

What I really like about the place, though, is the way it's physically set up. The couches that curve, as well as the umbrellas, add to its intimate feel. So that even when there are people occupying the other tables, you still get the feeling that you and your friends can have a private conversation about anyone or anything without being overheard.


Fancy Crepes, Cakes, and Coffee
Il Terrazzo
Tomas Morato Avenue
Quezon City, Philippines

Comments